|Palermo & provincia
|Messina & provincia
|Catania & provincia
|Trapani & provincia
|Agrigento & provincia
|Siracusa & provincia
|Caltanissetta & prov.
|Enna / Ragusa & prov.
|Palermo e dintorni
Palermo - Street Garibaldi 23
Realized in 1490 from Matteo Carnelivari for Guglielmo Aiutamicristo, baron of Calatafimi and Misilmeri. The vast building, in Gothic-Catalan style, it is arranged between ample courtyards, it preserves his Middle-Age appearance with his architectures. There have resided in the course of the centuries:Giovanna from Naples, Muley Hasan, king of Tunisi, Don Giovanni from Austria, Charles V.
Palermo - Street Alloro 4
Imposing construction built from the Palermo's architect Matteo Carnelivari in the 1494 in belles late-Gothic forms, with Catalan and rinascimento influences. The quadrated building in his compact mass, has a piano between two solid towers, which contains a big and rich portal. Damaged during the last war, it has been restored. It is the center of the Sicilian National Gallery.
Palermo - Square Marina
Building of the XIII century, of the noble and powerful family of Chiaramonte, it was center of the Vicerè in the XV century and subsequently of the Sant'Uffizio. It has stayed for along time central point of the town activities. Inside could be admired, in the vast saloon, the splendid wooden painted ceiling with Holy Bible's episodes and chivalrous of Arab-Spanish taste (1377-1380).In front of his palace, in the 1396 Andrea Chiaramonte came behaeded Chiaramonte, rebellious to King Martin of Aragona.
Palermo - Street Merlo 2
Rich residence of the Lanza-Filangeri, Principi di Mirto, built at the end of the '700 on precedentsstructures of the IV-V Century. Typical example of a noble Sicilian house of the first IX Century, it preserves furnishings of the precedents centuries and rich harvests of glasses, porcelains and other, testifing the taste of the epoch and of the family.
Malfitano / Whitaker
Palermo - Street Dante 167
One of the most grandiose examples of the Palermo's Neoclassicism, the villa was build between the 1886 and 1889 from Joseph Isaac Whitaker, an English, born at Palermo in 1850. Surrounded from a park of 10 hectares, rich of botanical deriving samples from all the world, articulated with avenues alternated to clearings and groups of secular trees. To the inside, environments decorated with plasters and frescos with furniture of epoch. It is the center of the foundation to him entitled.
Palermo - Street Lincoln
Founded in the 1789. The central building, The Ginnasio, of Dorico-Egyptian style, was made by the French Léon Dufourny; the sides buildings, the Calidario and the Tepidario, are of G.V. Marvuglia; there are picked the herbaria numerous and precious collections. But the principal interest is in the garden, wide around 10 has., whose wealth and abundance of exemplary, belonging to all the zones of vegetation of the world, set it between the first places between the gardens of that kind in Europe.
Bagheria (Palermo) - Square Garibaldi 3
It is an ellittical metal construction, animated by ramps and balconies, built in the 1715 initiated from Thomas Maria Napoli and finished from Agatino Daidone, for Ferdinando Francis Gravina, Prince of Palagonia. The villa is surrounded from grotesque and monstrous figures realized in the 1747 fromFerdinando Gravina Alliata nephew of the prince. In the vast garden many samples of Mediterraneo's flora.
Bagheria (Palermo) - Street Consolare
Realized in the XVIII century, it is a big building of baroque folksy taste, which whetted construction had come attribute to the prince of Aragona Luigi Naselli. In the XiX century has gone on to the Filangeri family, Princes of Cutò, of whom there stays the monogram on the entry, it is now ownership of the Common of Bagheria. to admire, to the inside, the monumental covered staircase and saloons of cubic cut with rests of frescos of the end of the '700.
Santa Flavia (Palermo) - Street Consolare 178
Monumental complex built from Cristoforo Riccardo, the Prince of Filangeri and completed about 1785, it was in the course of the construction rehandled and magnified. Summer residence of the noble Palermo's House, it recalls the characteristic style of the villas build in the '700 from the classical characteristics. Around there is a park of 8,500 hectares, rich of rare plants.
Castelbuono (Palermo) - Square Castello
It was build from the beginning of 1316 for wish of the Francesco I Ventimiglia, above a Byzantine bunker, the castle was subsequently transformed in the XVII century. It has a cubic form with a square and a cylindrical towers, it preserves appearances arabo-normanno-sveve. Very handsome the wooden ceiling of the 4th Century, and the Palatina Chapel, with wonderful stuccos of theSerpotta brothers (1683). It is the center of the historical archieve and of the civic Museum it contains many archaeological finds, fossils and vegetables picked in the XVIII century from Francesco Minà Palumbo, native of Castelbuono.
|Messina e dintorni
Milazzo - (Messina)
It is a middle-age construction from the military architecture, widened from Federico II on the XIII century and completed from the Spanish. It presents two surrounded buildings with an inserted portal of the '300 in Gothic forms and one to ogiva with sides towers of the XV century. To the inside of the boundaries, an old church with rinascimental forms, built at the beginning of the XVII century.
Taormina (Messina) - Square V. Emanuele
Construction from the Gothic architecture of the '400 obtained from the amplification of an Arabic tower. It presents a merlata front with four belles bifore, a portal of Gothic-Catalan taste, a picturesque courtyard with external staircase of the '300 and wonderful sketches to the walls of the entry.
dei Duchi di Santo Stefano
Taormina (Messina) - Corso Umberto
Elegant example of the Sicilian Gothic architecture of the XIV centuries and XV, it gathers together Arabic and Normann's elements. Noble residence of the Spanish family De Spuches, Dukes of Santo Stefano, it has stayed acquired in the 1964 from the city hall. It has the expect of a tower with a square plant, with external staircase. To the inside room with time to cruise, whose arcs are based on a central column.
dei Piccolo di Calanovella
Capo d'Orlando (Messina) - Contrada Vina
Country residence of the noble family of the Piccolo di Calanovella, relatives of the Tommasi di Lampedusa, constituted in foundation after the death of the last heirs. Inside it is prepared a museum with ancient furnishing.
|Catania e dintorni
Catania - Street Gallo 24
Beautiful residence of the Pincipe Rosso di Cerami, built in the XVIII century, after the earthquake of the 1693, in a refined personal baroque style and stayed ownership of the family until 1960, when it had acquired and used as the center of the Jurisprudence Facolty. To visit is the courtyard of honor with parvis, the staircase of honor of the '800 of the Sada architect, the rich portal with coat of arms of the Principi Cerami, saloons with original furnishing and Room of the Parties.
Catania - Street Umberto / Street Etnea
Wonderful garden of the '700, commonly called "a' Villa", it had given to the Commune in the 1855 from Donna Anna Moncada Paternò Castello dei Principi di Biscari. Rearranged under the direction of the F.Fichera Architect, it was open to the public in the 1879. Rich floral decorations, palmizi, and centenary trees.
Catania - Street Museo Biscari 10
Suntuos construction, realized in the 1707 for the Prince Vincenzo Biscari, it is a work of the Messina's architect Antonio Amato, on the ruins of the preceding palace destroyed from the earthquake of the 1693. Widened in the XVIII century from the Palazzotto and Battaglia architects, the palace is characterized from the spectacular architectural conception of the southern prospectus with big windows framed by rich decorations. To admire the portal of the first '700, the vast courtyard with staircase to pliers, the enchanting garden, and to the inside big saloons furnished in a princely way.
Maniace Bronte - (Catania)
Ex Benedettino's monastery of the XII- XIII century, modified in the time in defensive structure and given in 1799 to the Nelson Admiral from Federico IV of Naples. It had acquired from the Common of Bronte in the 1981 to destine it as a museum. The apartments preserve original furnishing of the XVII centuries and XVIII.
|Trapani e dintorni
Trapani - Street Vito Sorba 15
Noble residence of end '800, built from Gaspare Incagnone, administrator of the Florio family, in succession acquired from the family Aula in 1921, which still own it.It is a pregiate tastes construction it presents many Neoclassical and liberty decorations To the inside, varied furnishing: living rooms of slow-baroque type and in empire style with furniture and liberty glass door of pregiate Palermo's bewitches.It has an ample rich garden of secular trees.
Trapani - Viale Regina Margherita
Rich '800s park, surrounded from giant ficus magnoloides.
Favignana - Isole Egadi (Trapani)
Realized from the architect Joseph Damiani Almeyda in the 1876 for the Florio family it presents itself a strong squared construction relieved from the presence of rounded arcs, with inserted decorums of liberty style. It is ownership of the Commune that uses it for cultural purposes from a long time.
Erice - (Trapani)
Flourishing public garden in English style, realized in 1870 from the count Agostino Pepoli, on the area of the ancient acropoli where there was the Temple of Venus. In this zone there are the castle of Pepoli, and the castle of Venere, Middle aged fortitude (XII-XIII century), built on the existing sacred structure. From this place it is admired a splendid panorama.
Salemi - (Trapani)
Construction of the XI century with a trapezoidal plant, with three angular towers, one cylindrical and two square. In the cylindrical tower environments with volta to eight segments and in the square towers square environments superimposed with volta to cruise. On the terrace of the towerGiuseppe Garibaldi hoisted the Italian flag in 1860.
|Agrigento e dintorni
natale di Luigi
Agrigento - Piazzale Kaos
Place of birth of the famous writer, declared national monument in 1949. To the inside of this rustic house there are situated the heirlooms and the original furnishings belonged to the family, on the walls, photos that testify the long activity of the artist, inclusive the collar of the prize Nobel received in the 1934.
Palma di Montechiaro (Agrigento)
Built from Federico Chiaromonte in the XIV century, with the purpose of sighting and defense in the struggle against the pirates, ownership became then of the Tomasi. The complex surmounts a delicious bay and it is attainable through a steep path to precipice on the sea.
Palma di Montechiaro (Agrigento)
Princely abode of the Tomasi di Lampedusabuilt between the years 1653 and 1659 from Don Giulio and fallen in abandonment after the crack of the patrimony of the family.
Naro (Agrigento) Largo Castello
Very handsome building in a dominant position, at around 600 meters on the level of the sea, from which one it can be enjoyed a stupendous panorama. Probable Normann's construction, it had restore in the XIV Century and it had suffere many restaurations in the centuries. In the greatest tower, built for want of Federico II di Aragona, in the first half of the XIV century there is the so called "Room of the Prince", which approached through a pregiate portal.
|Siracusa e dintorni
Siracusa - Square Federico di Svevia
Built from Federico II II in the first half of the XIII century, it was more times rehandled in the time. It presents a square structure with stairways towers on the angles, on the side of entry beautiful portal marmoreal of Gothic taste and in the cortina, an elegant trifora. To the inside, volta a crociera of the principal saloon.
Siracusa - Street Capodieci
Construction of Sveva origin of the XIII century, on the outside staircase of Catalan style and the loggetta from which is agreed to saloons of the '400 that entertain the Pinacoteca where there is the Annunciazione of Antonello da Messina. To the floor level, varied collections, from the Byzantine period all'800. In the courtyard interesting harvests of Spanish coats of arms.
Siracusa - Street Grotticelle
Construction of the 1881, belonged to Christiane Reimann, Danish born and Siracusa of election and for her wish assigned with will to the city of Siracusa. It is made by all the patrimony possessed from the Reimann, preserved in the original environments. To the outside a beautiful garden with an agrumeto, it is the of the Siracusa's Study Institute.
Noto - (Siracusa) - Street Nicolaci
Built from a of P. Labisi (1733) project, in the typical forms of the Sicilian's baroques buildings, it presents a portal with columns in Jonico style and frieze of adorning with snouts. To the inside it can be admired the saloons with original floors and ancient fournishings.
Contrada Isola - (Siracusa)
Typical house of vacation of the Sicilian nobility of the end of the XIX century, in Plemmirio zone, it has benn sung from Virgilio in the Eneide. To the inside, environments elegantly fournished that look out on one splendid garden in the winter.
|Caltanissetta e dintorni
Caltanissetta - Viale Regina Margherita
Park opened to the public realized in the XIX century, with trees of tall stem, and commemorative sculptures to the inside there is situated the famous circular fountain (Font of the Spirits). The panorama onf the city is magnificient.
Mussumeli - Contrada Castello
Castled on a picturesque cliff, adherent to the rock to peak, the Castle had built in the XIII century from Manfredi III Chiaromonte on the rests of an Arabic bunker. To admire the round portals of the church, the "Room of the Barons," with volte to cruise, the room of the wehapons, the courtyard and the jails.
|Enna e Ragusa - loro dintorni
Castle di Lombardia
Enna - Street Lombardia
Strengthened construction of remote origins, on the taller zone of the city, it had this name from the Normanni, because it was the center of the Cavalry "Lombarda". Preserve only 6 of the 20 original towers, with superimposed structure, over which it dominate the "Pisana Tower," from whose it is enjoyable a vast panorama of Sicily.
Castle di Sperlinga
Sperlinga (Enna) - Largo Castello
Very handsome example of Castle, partly dug in the rock that goes up again to the period of the Siculi pre-Greeks. Center of the Barony of the Ventimiglia until 1597, then of the Principi di SperlingaForti Natoli (1597-1662), in succession of the Oneto Duca and from the 1973 of the Commune of Sperlinga. To the inside are visible the rests of a drawbridge, and of the primitives environments.
Castle di Donnafugata
Construction of big dimensions and in a good state of maintenance, born like pillbox for the Saracen around the year thousand. Widened by the Normanni in the XIII century, it became a modest Castle by the hands of the Count di Ragusa Manfredi Chiaramonte, and then of the BaronVincenzo Arezzo, in the XIX century came transformed from the heirs of the Baron in an imposing Castle, with 122 rooms elegantly decorated and fournished. The construction is surrounded from an imposing park.
Palace dei Mercedari
Modica - (Ragusa)
Built around the XVII century as a convent of the Fathers Mercenari, then used as a pestilence refuge and subsequently as abrracks, and now ownership of the Commune. It presents an elegant fašade with an imposing portal, to the inside local varieties reconstructed according to the use primitive (barns, crusher, farms), and local originally restructured where they have stayed prepared; the Ibleo museum of the Arts and of the popular traditions, the civic Museum and the town library.
alla pagina principale
|Back to main page